More states cutting Planned Parenthood funds
This article originally appeared in this issue of the WSR: 2015-08-19

Despite efforts by the Obama administration to force states to provide Medicaid and other funding to Planned Parenthood, the momentum against PP continues to roll.

Last week, Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson reportedly ordered the Department of Human Services in the state to sever its Medicaid contract with Planned Parenthood. 

Governor Hutchinson said, “It is apparent that after recent revelations on the actions of Planned Parenthood, that this organization does not represent the values of the people of our state and Arkansas is better served by terminating any and all existing contracts with them.”

In Utah, Governor Gary Herbert told the Utah Department of Health to “stop distributing federal funds to the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah,” Utah senate president Wayne Niederhauser said, “I wouldn’t support any more money going to Planned Parenthood. I think we ought to be looking at other organizations that are qualified.” 

These two states join Alabama, Louisiana, and New Hampshire in taking money away from Planned Parenthood after the release of undercover videos at Planned Parenthood locations.

The Obama administration is warning states that they cannot stop Medicaid funds from going to Planned Parenthood, but the governors have pointed out that the contracts signed by Planned Parenthood have clauses allowing either party to cancel the contracts with appropriate (15 – 30 day) notice.

Let’s all continue to praise God for the victories He is giving to people who have been fighting Planned Parenthood for so long. If we continue to pray, and act, it may be possible that Planned Parenthood may not survive to see its 100th birthday on October 16, 2016.